Thursday, June 14, 2012
Crossroads
So, I've applied to a teaching gig that I thought I wanted. However, my principal wants me to teach a different grade in the fall. Decisions, decisions. A part of me wants to see the application process due to completion. Another part of me would rather 'stick with the devil I know than the devil I don't know'. As much as I complain about the immaturity of 6th graders, perhaps teaching 8th grade will allow the type of deep, intellectual conversations that I love to occur more often than not.
I want to be somewhere that values my independence and creativity. Speaking in the present, I am earning at least 50K a year, I work in my hometown, I have multiple periods off for grading, etc. I teach a reasonable load. I have the full support of parents and administration. I have all the resources I need to teach quality literature and writing skills. I have wonderful trustworthy and knowledgeable colleagues.
I can easily have that where I am now... I just need to believe it (law of attraction/ positive expectations at work here).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment